Friday, June 4, 2010

Frugal Friday: Homemade Liquid Fabric Softener

Before couponing, I actually never used fabric softener GASP! It was one of the things we went without growing up unless my mom got a REALLY good deal on it and I guess I didn't realize what I was missing. OMG I LOVE FABRIC SOFTENER!! LOL Unfortunately the supply can run low between deals and I found this awesome recipe for homemade fabric softener from The Grocery Cart Challenge. Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 6 cups distilled white vinegar
  • 8 cups water
  • 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil scent (she suggests lavendar, lime, or orange)

You can read the whole directions HERE, but you basically put the baking soda in a one gallon container and slowly add the vinegar (think 2nd grade volcano project hehe) and then add the rest. Use 1/2 cup to a load of laundry. Simple and super cheap!



No comments:

Post a Comment