Sunday, July 18, 2010

CVS & Rite Aid Trips 7-18: How To Get Cheap Newspapers

Rite Aid Trip
1 Lancaster Sunday News $1.40 (after my 20% Wellness discount)
1 Air Wick Mini Freshmatic $4.99
1 Zegerid 14ct $10
-$4/1 Air Wick mq from 6-20 SS
-$3 Zegerid in-ad coupon
-$4 Zegerid mq from 6-20 SS
Total Out Of Pocket= $.45
Got back $7 Wellness Reward for buying Zegerid


CVS Trip Card #1
2 Biotrue Contact Lens Solution $5.98
1 Lancaster Sunday News $1.75
-$2 Biotrue printable (no longer available)
-$5 Extra Care Bucks (ECB) from previous purchase
Total Out Of Pocket = $.77
Got back $5.98 ECB for buying Biotrue



CVS Trip Card #2
1 Celsius 4pk $7.99
1 Biotrue Contact Lens Solution $2.99
3 Lancaster Sunday News $5.25
-$2 Celsius printable
-$2 Biotrue (no longer available)
-$7.99 ECB from previous purchase
-$2.99 ECB from previous purchase
Total Out Of Pocket = $1.25
Got back $7.99 ECB for buying Celsius & $2.99 ECB for buying Biotrue

Grand Total Out Of Pocket = $2.47
I feel pretty proud of myself, it works out to be around $.49 per newspaper which is less than half of what I would have paid at Dollar Tree for them. Coupon inserts aside, the major added bonus was the FREE McDonald's Smoothie/Frappe coupon in the Parade mag this week -- that means I have 6 (including the newspaper I have delivered)! Paul was THRILLED about that one. I hope I have inspired you to work your deals around getting your newspapers cheap, isn't that why we're couponing in the first place? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment